From:
Kristine Lunny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:33:49 -0800
Well, Toez went in to see what would help his arthritis.  Dr. Deb put him
on a supplement that is supposed help and maybe even be good on his liver.
Toez is a 10 year old boy, who I've had the pleasure of staying with me
half time while his parents have been in England.  Unfortunately they will
be there more permanently now and so he has became a permanent shelter
here.  He's a remarkable boy.  He's got his share of ailments, including
the arthritis, adrenal, cataracts and liver disease.  Despite the amount
of problems he is still remarkably in good mental health.  He loves to eat.
In fact if you make a bowl of duck soup for him he will lick it clean.  You
can continue making it, thinking he should get full...but nope..he will
continue to eat till its gone everytime.  He's been put on a diet of purely
adult TF and only one bowl of duck soup a day...otherwise he becomes
waaayyyy tooo fat for those arthritic legs to hold up.  If you can picture
it...a very old balding albino boy, one eye almost completely blue with
cataracts and yet rather chubby, except his stiffening knotty legs.  I
always think it's his extreme love of food and his curiosity that has made
live such a long life.  He still loves looking everywhere and seeing new
things.  Though his feet don't tend to get far off the ground, he does his
own petite Weasel dance of joy.  He will also go berserk over raisons.  And
whatever you do don't drop them!  He will go into a screaming frenzy to
frighten you away from HIS raisons.

The trip to the vets started off great too.  He ran all around the whole
office...and I don't mean just the exam room..he thoroughly inspected the
entire place.  Being the nosey kid he is, he was enjoying himself
immensely.  Dr. Deb has her older retriever there too, who he enjoying
harassing.  Toez doesn't take to other animals well.

Then when Deb took a look at a little cyst on his tail, she decided it just
looked like fluid in it and took a syringe to it.  Well, afterwards, very
unToez like, he laid in my arms, no longer interested in exploring.  He was
even making little whining noises.  And I mean the saddest, soft little
cries you have ever heard.  Well the doc thought oh poor baby and went to
give him a kiss on the nose.  In the 4 years I've known him he never has
even thought of biting a soul.  But the look on his face was pure terror
when he saw Deb coming down towards his face.  Poor guy ...I honestly think
he thought she bit his tail and now was coming in to bite him on the nose!
He punctured both upper and bottom lips while at the same time he let off
a scream.

He's back home and comfy now and acting his restless self again.  And now
I think back on it with a mixture of feeling badly for poor Toez being
so scared and also for poor Dr. Deb getting her lips pierced (though her
eyebrow she has pierced..so what the heck is a couple of more?) And highly
amused that this old boy still has so much life in him, to the point of
seriously protecting himself when need be!

Kristine Lunny

Friends of Fuzzies Ferret Shelter
http://www.geocities.com/mimsy_01

FOF Message Board