From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:17:43 -0600
My heartfelt condolences to all whose babies have passed to the bridge.

Well, today I spoke with Dr. Kerley from Anthony Animal Hospital in Ft.
Wayne Indiana.  I had sent a long fax to them, telling them all that had
happened to Socks, what was wrong with him now.  I had addressed the fax
to Dr. Cawood, not knowing he had a partner-but Dr. Kerley was extremely
nice.  Gave me a number of a lady there in Ft. Wayne that uses them, has
14 ferrets, has had surgery done on some of hers.

He was impressed that I knew what I was talking about, also impressed that
I had met Dr. Williams in Toronto, and that Dr. Williams had encouraged me
to seek aggressive treatment for Socks in this, rather than continue with
Lupron therapy.  He said that for those of us who are able to consult with
Dr. Williams, we are consulting with THE EXPERT in the field (we already
knew that!).  Dr. Kerley said the longer Socks is on Lupron the more his
immune system goes down the tubes.

So, Tuesday Socks goes in for his surgery-both the vets will be there, and
it's possible he'll be getting cryo and laser surgery.  Dr. Kerley and I
discussed everything that could be wrong, that could go wrong.  I also
told him that if we open him up and find him full of cancer, we're going
to close him up and help him to the Bridge.  I can't let my grand old man
suffer any more than he has.  I asked if he would need a blood donor and
he said that the lady there in Ft. Wayne with all the ferrets has a donor
on call.

So I'll be letting everyone know how all this goes after Tuesday.  Please,
keep good thoughts going for my guy.  He is my first ferret, the head man
of them all.

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and
 taste good with ketchup"