From:
Kristine Lunny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:17:01 -0800
First off, I want to thank all of you who have donated to us recently.  I
hope everyone got a card from me, if I missed anyone...extra extra thanks!
For those who have written, such apologetic letters for either not being
able to donate, please please don't feel bad!  You are angels just being
there listening and supporting our efforts!

For some reason we've had a lot of sickies here in need of extra care as
of recently.

Tiki had surgery last week for adrenal.  She was the poor kiddo who came in
because the owner said she was a biter.  This poor girl had a huge swollen
vulva (it was really ugly and raw, she couldn't even walk normal), and it
looks like hair was actually pulled out of her head.  She had both adrenal
disease and needed to be spayed.  It was no wonder that she was bitey, she
was completely miserable.  Since her surgery she had to be really forced to
eat.  Today was her first day that she actually ate some on her own.  She's
still really skinny, but her vulva has already gone down considerably.

Emma had adrenal surgery done on Monday.  She had a blocked bladder the
week before which had to be syringed out.  This is the same week she
decided to start dropping hair quickly.  She went home to down 30 cc's of
duck soup right away and has been eating like a champ every since.

Sammy had adrenal surgery Tuesday.  Sammy has been her since last April and
was diagnosed with liver disease.  She started dropping hair last week and
not just a little, she was almost bald within a weeks time.  I've never
seen it work this fast.  It seems that her liver was never the problem.
She had a very large adrenal gland, that must of been estrogen releasing
and making her blood work turn out funny.  She's also eating allot already
and very perky eyed.  The doc said, other than her adrenal gland she has
never seen such healthy insides on a ferret.  So now Sammy has an excellent
chance of finally getting the life she truly deserves.

Shady Lady goes in Thursday, tentative for a spleen removal.  It's getting
very large and she is starting to behave rather odd, I'm thinking this is
the cause.  She has had the same cage mate for 5 years.  I've had them at
the shelter since May and they have always gotten along wonderfully.  In
the last week she all of a sudden has been extremely cranky to poor old
Teddy Bear.

Momoko went in when Tiki did and was spayed.  She's doing wonderfully.

Ben, our newest arrival will also be going in Thursday for his vaccinations
and to be neutered.  He's a beautiful boy of 2 and already is spoken for.

Hugs to all!

Kristine Lunny

Friends of Fuzzies Ferret Shelter
http://www.geocities.com/mimsy_01