From:
"Wendy S. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:50:10 -0700
So how long does it take for the older ferrets to stop scruffing the new
ferret on the block?  I brought Kibble home 3 weeks ago, and while I don't
let them play together a lot (except for Boobah, 'cause she's so sweet),
whenever I let them get together, they all scruff her unmercifully and she
cries and cries.  What's best to do, just let them scruff her and sort it
out themselves, in ferret manner, without me getting involved?

Also, I'm particularly worried about how Pica deals with her.  I can't tell
for sure (because I don't let her near Kibble if I can help it), whenever
she gets ahold of the little one, she seems to be doing more than giving
her a scruffing, I almost think she means business when she attacks.  Does
anyone have any ideas how to get the other aclimatized to the baby without
traumatizing poor Kibble?  I tried Bitter Apple on the back of her neck,
with the results of Flower biting her on the nose.  My vet suggested
waiting until she's much bigger, but it's getting very stressful on all
of them to have the divided play time.  I want my family to be a family!

Help please!

Wendy and House Penferret: Boobah, Buttercup, Pica, Flower, and Kibble