From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:34:56 -0500
I was called this morning about Sammy.

It seems that he had developed a hernia at the surgical site & also was
having a really nasty discharge there.

I was asked if I wanted then to operate again & try to fix it, it wasn't
advised because of his condition & the fact that the previous two surgeries
hadn't helped.  I thought it was better to let him go than to put him
through any more.

Sammy came to me from Juliana Quadrozzi's shelter in Marietta GA on July 30
1999.  He was just a Sam then but that wasn't him, he was a Sammy all of
the way.  He was 4 years old.  He came to me with his brother Max.  They
had been together since they were kits.

Since Sammy has been ill, Max has been sleeping allot.  I don't know if it
is because he knew Sammy was so ill or what.  Today I told Max that Sammy
had to leave us, I told him that Sammy had told me to tell him that he knew
Max was going to miss him allot & want to be with him.  But that Sammy
doesn't want him to leave here yet, he should stay here a long time & when
the time does come for Max to leave that Sammy will be waiting for him.  I
hope he understood & won't try to find Sammy.

Sammy was a pudgy boy.  Juliana said he was BIG, I said he was FAT!  I
called him Many Bellies & Pudgy Wudgy.  His tummies dragged on the ground.
It was something when he discovered that he could dig & dig & dig out in
the ferret pen outside.  He loved it.  I don't know where he was going but
he was very determined to get there.  When I'd pick him up to bring him in
the house he'd always have dirt rubbed into his tummy, like a little kid
playing in the dirt would be smudged with dirt.

I have to admit he did put on more weight here because he really loved his
chicken.  He sort of loved all food really.  I was thinking I'd have to
start looking for a tiny treadmill for him. *s*  Well now I guess he can
pig out all he wants to & it won't hurt him.  He'll love that!  So Sandee I
hope you didn't get run over this morning when Sammy came barging through,
he hadn't had his chicken for a few days & was in a hurry to find some.
I'm sure once he has his fill he will apologize to you.  He really isn't
rude, just hungry!

He was a lick, lick, chomper when he came here but I never gave him the
chance to chomp so I think he just forgot about the chomping part because I
would get allot of kisses from him & he never tried to chomp after the
first few licks he just kept kissing & kissing & kissing.

I am so thankful for all of the caring, the well wishes & the prayers for
Sammy.  I know if he could he'd want to tell you that he thanked you to,
but he really had to go.  You know how it is with fuzzbutts, they are
always off to investigate something new.

If anyone lives near Marietta GA & is looking for a wonderful companion or
two, please get in touch with Juliana, I'm sure she will fix you right up.
She is a very nice lady.  I'm pretty sure her email is still
[log in to unmask] & her phone number is 770) 984-1417.

Sincerely,
Lynn & Clan War Weasels

[Moderator's note: E-mail addresses or phone numbers of others aren't
normally posted, but Juliana's information is on the latest (public)
shelter list.  BIG]