Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:08:14 -0500
Has anyone else noticed an unusual tone in posts from some of our most
valued contributors lately?  I'm referring to people like Wolfy, Georgia,
Lynn, Sukie, Rebecca - and others, it seems to be spreading daily - who
we can usually count on for well-thought-out opinions and good judgment.
And yet, their recent posts have been, well, silly.  No, that's not quite
it, goofy.  Daffy.  Dippy.  Umm, foolish.  Nonsense-ridden.  Frankly,
they've been downright ferrety.  These usually sober citizens have been
posting messages that, if they had legs, would be turning back somersaults
and diving into tubes.

Now, i have a theory, and if I'm right, we could all be in trouble (even
more than usual, i mean).  Have you seen those translation programs, where
you type a sentence in English, and the computer translates it to, say,
Spanish for you?

Here's my concern.  I think that certain small pets in one of those
households have developed a ferret-to-English/English-to-ferret software
program, which they have by now disseminated to a few other fml households.
And these pets have begun to post apparently innocuous messages to the fml,
posts that *appear* like human language, right?  But read closely - this is
non-human, ferrety nonsense, my friends!

If we read posts from recent days, it appears that some of these humans do
still have control of their computers at least some of the time - but, I
am deeply concerned!

I have not yet thought of a solution; I am not even sure this is really
happening.  Maybe I'm just being paranoid.  But it is better to plan in
advance and take precautions than to be caught unaware.

Spread the word!  Take precautions!  And for god's sake, keep your ferrets
OUT of the computer room!

Nervously,
---sharin