From:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:20:51 EST
i heard form a friend that coatimundis are now on the endangered species
list.  I know this is not ferret related but BIG I hope you let this post.
here's why.

along with the ferrets I rescue I rescue exotic animals, including sugar
gliders, chinchillas, rats, dogs, cats, horses (only 2 and found them great
homes), possums, ducks, reptiles, turtles, the list goes on.  i have also
rescued 2 Coatimundis in the last 4 years, one is a neutered male, one is a
wild caught female, not spayed yet.  so what I need to know if anyone has
any info on this and who is trying to beed them in captivity and release
them.  I have been told that an organization in AZ that has done the Black
Footed Ferret program is doing it.

please foward any info to mye at my e mail addy, [log in to unmask]

i was going to spay Meeka my female coati this year but if she can be part
of a program that helps get them off the endangered species list.  she is
wild caught so she would be perfect for the program, and shes beautiful
also.  for anyone not familar with these animals they look like racoons,
originally from s.A.  but until recently were living in Az and N.M.  They
have ferret mentality, and i call them my 30 pound ferrets!

Thanks,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter