Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 20:31:13 EST
Yet another pair.

[log in to unmask] wrote:
I have two ferrets in Raleigh in need of adoption, and was wondering if you
could help me out.  I have been keeping the ferrets for a friend for the
past year while he was in school, but it turns out he will not be returning
to Raleigh when he finishes in February.  He has asked if I can find his
'girls' a home.

They are two female ferrets.  Milly is a non-albino white ferret who is
about 6 years old.  She is deaf.  A few years back, she had an adrenal
gland removed due to a tumor, but aside from being skinny and not having
much hair on her tail (the tumor caused most of her hair to fall out) she
seems to be in good health and has moments of unbelievable friskiness.

Sheba is a 3-year old cinnamon.  She is in excellent health and is very
feisty and playful.  She and Milly have been together for years, along
with my ferret Duke (who is NOT up for adoption!).  Milly and Sheba are
not terribly affectionate and will tolerate but not enjoy being held.
They enjoy being able to run freely, and often prefer to share a knapsack
rather than have a whole one to themselves.  They both love raisins.

I can provide a 3-level cage and some supplies to someone who is willing
to give Milly and Sheba a good home or to help find them one.  I would
love for them to be able to stay together, but I think they would be fine
if separated out of necessity.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.  Because I have several pets
of my own, I am unable to provide the necessary time and expense to give
them a really great home.  If you know of anyone who could take Milly and
Sheba, or if you could refer me to a person or organization in the Triangle
area, I would be extrememly grateful.

Thanks so much!
Kris Thornburg
Please respond to: