From:
Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:18:22 -0800
Hi Fellow Ferret Freaks!

Hope this finds everyone warm and snuggly in their hammocks and snuggle
sacks!  (It's cold in California!!!!)

Just wanted to share my experience with the Glade plug-in Air Fresheners
and warn you of the *danger*.

I have the Midwest Play Pen and I use the plug-in oil dispenser air
freshener.  I laid the air freshener on one of the plastic shelves that
sits on top of my guys' cage.  It probably was there for a couple days or
so.  Well the oil from the plastic container leaked onto the shelf.  This
weekend while I was cleaning the cage, I noticed the oil *melted* the
plastic leaving in pliable with a rubbery like consistency.  This really
concerned me; if this oil is toxic enough to melt hard plastic - what the
heck would it do to my ferrets if they accidentally licked it ????  (Some
of the fragrances are almost eatable).

I just wanted to warn everyone, in case they did use this type of air
freshener, to beware of the hidden danger.  I never thought something to
innocent could be so toxic!

In fuzz we trust.

Tanya