From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 13:19:55 -0500
Regarding Advantage use in ferrets:
>My choice of flea control is advantage for dogs, the drops of course.
>I use about 1/2 cc for a full grown ferret.  Never had a problem with it
>and waited years to try it, finally did last year and wish I had done so
>sooner!

Actually, the proper dose for a ferret would be 0.1 ml, or about 20% of
the above dose for a ferret.  Advantage has a wide margin of safety, so
it looks like toxicity is not really a problem, but this may help a tube
go a little farther.  In my house, where we combine dogs and ferrets, all
with free run of the house, we find that keeping the dogs flea-free with
Advantage pretty much handles the problem.  However, if you are a rescue
receiving ferrets from the outside, Advantage is probably a good method
for flea control, and at 0.1ml per ferret once a month, pretty cheap.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM