From:
DookyDook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:11:40 -0800
I have a 4-5 yo MF male ferret who started loosing hair on his mid/lower
back.  It started very light and wasn't real noticable at first, but then
started falling out rapidally.  I was all most positive he was adrenal and
started saving up some money to pay for his vet bills I assumed he'd be
having in the near future.  Well, about 2-3 weeks after loosing the hair
completely off his back area [it leads from the bottom of his shoulders
down to the base of his tail-no hair loss on the tail, feet, belly, head
and neck], he has started rapidly growing the hair back.  It's very short
thick grey hair, with a few scattered black guard hairs growing in right
now-but it's definally growing back in.  He has absolutly no bald spots
now.  He lost absolutly no weight, remained fully active and playful
through this whole time.

I'm thinking it's possible he's still adrenal, but am very unsure if hair
grows back after falling out?  Is it possible he's adrenal or are there any
other explanations?  He's still going to the vet, but I really wanted to
hear other ferret owners experiences and opinions.

Dooky