From:
bill and diane killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:57:16 -0500
Dr. Williams,

Our comments about toxoplasmosis being a potential but remote problem in
pregnant women in contact with a ferrets litter box have been questioned.
As you were our original source of that idea would you mind commenting on
that?

Or others that have specific knowledge as well.

>From:    Meghan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Red-eyed sable
>My new ferret, Eris, is a mitted/bibbed sable with red eyes.  I thought
>it was weird as hell when I got her.

If you look really really carefully and think about it you might be able to
tell that the iris of Eris's eye is probably a very pale blue.  These are
probably not the red of an albino's eyes but the burgundy of a ferret that
is either a dilute or Waardenburg syndrome affected ferret.  A sable with
mitts and a bib is most probably one that has Waardenburg syndrome.

It takes some mental filtering to "remove" the red that shows from the back
of the eye to discern the blue.

Hope you, Dervish and Eris remain so happy!

And happy thanksgiving to every ferret and person here as well.

Well okay the US folks.  Happy "not a holiday" to those of you else where
in the world.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets