From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 02:30:40 -0500
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Can ferret cause hazard health to baby?

Ferrets can indeed pass colds and influenza but they are usually the one
that gets sick from people.

There is a very slight risk of toxoplasmosis so while the mother is
pregnant the father should do the litter pans.  We hope Dr. Williams
makes sure the correct way of saying this gets in but as we understand
it if the mother is exposed before she gets pregnant it is not a problem
anyway.

But care in keep in the ferrets and infants separate for the safety of
both will be the main thing required.

Our son Derek loves the ferrets and has always been around ferrets.  He
went to his first ferret show at three weeks of age.  There are noted
pictures of him sleeping in his child seat with a ferret asleep in his lap.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets