Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 08:10:36 EST
From:
Hello all.  Just wanted to let you know that I switched servers but that
I'm still me LOL

Huggs to all the fuzzies and prayer to those that are ill.  I'm STILL
waiting on my cage to arrive so I can get my fuzz butts from Ms. Scott..
She's a very patient and understanding person, Thank you Debbie of
Friendly Ferrets.  I hope to see you in the next day or so!!!

My concern today (well its been my concern all along but now I'lll ask for
input from ya'll) How would the best way to integrate the ferrets in my
home of 4 dogs.  All these dogs were raised around cats (I know not, a
ferret) and 2 totoally ignore the cats while the other 2 will give chase
ONLY if the cats run.  My cats have learned this trick and now only run as
fun.  Most often they just headbutt the dog and rub all over the.  Then the
dogs walk away in disappointment of no game of chase.  I'm afraid for the
ferrets as I do not know if they will turn and fight and cause the dogs
instincts to kick in (they will not be out together without me RIGHT there
and if they don't get along the dogs will go in one room of the house while
the ferrets get time out to play in the other) Should I just start off this
way or should I give them a chance to learn and know each other.  Possibly
let the dogs maybe sniff at them thru the cage for the first few days then
get them out to "show" to the dogs.  I had to do similar with the dog/bird
thing.  Now the dog don't give the birds a second glance except when the
birda are eating and throwing foood everywhere, thats the dogs favorite
treat, Bird food (course these birds don't get plain old seed of course,
lots of good birdie breads, pellets and veggie/fruit stuff).  I do know to
keep the birds in their own room with the hamsters to prevent harm to them
from the ferrets but I want your input on the dog/ferret intro.  How many
of you have dogs that get along with your fuzz butts?

Sorrry for the long story, thats my specialty (making a long story longer
lol)

Overanxious, nervous new , STILL waiting ferret mommy.  (This gives me time
to worry about all the littel details )

 Jamie