Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:10:29 -0600
From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
I'd also like to chime in on this point.  I've only had three ferrets in
my nearly nine years of ferret ownership, and have been through around 10
surgeries, ranging from simple spay/neuters, to emergency removal of an
intestinal blockage, plus the usual adrenals/insulinomas.  The surgeries
have probably ranged in price from $200 to $600 (Canadian).  And there have
been numerous other non-surgical medical expenses, check ups, x-rays, blood
tests, $100 for a visit to a vet opthamologist (Sammy has hereditary eye
problems).

The problem with vet bills is they don't come a little each month, but a
lot at once.  I think a good idea when you get a new ferret would be to
set aside some money each month in a vet fund, so that you have the money
when you need it later.  Of course the more ferrets you have the more
you'll need to set aside, so keep that in mind when bringing more fuzzies
into your home.

Over the years I've spent thousands of dollars in vet bills.  But in
that time period I've also spent thousands on electricity, thousands on
gasoline, thousands on car registration, home insurance, and who knows
what other costs of living.  I think by far I've gotten the best value on
the money spent keeping my ferrets happy and healthy.

--
John Rosloot, Caregiver to Sammy
With loving memories of my dear departed Buddy,