Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:10:18 -0800
From:
I joined the FML to get advice on my ferts, updates on care and to talk and
share with others the joys of having fuzzbutts!

Why is it necessary to delve into the business of others and slash their
names and reputations.  This is not the place to do it ..... that's why
there are courts of law!  If you feel the necessity to defame someone ...
do it where it belongs .... in court!

What is being said about KiSta and the accusations thrown around are
childish, unnecessary and frankly, aren't in the best interest of ferrets.
Isn't that what this publication was designed for .... what is in the best
interest of the ferrets?  Since when does slandering someone's name and
reputation good for the animals?  Have any one of the ferrets there
suffered (and I'm sorry to say, having surgery, getting their shots,
getting bathed and their nails cut does not, repeat NOT constitute
suffering!!!!!)

As far as I read (and mind you, I've only been a member for about 3 months
now), there was nothing harmful done to them.  From the pics that were
shown, they were already in a bad situation.  How could someone's time and
care be detrimental to their well-being?

I'm sorry, this childishness really isn't settling or helping anything or
anyone.  I don't know Kim and probably will never meet her personally (no
offense meant Kim), but have read how upset she is.  If Kim now uses her
own funds and not those from SOS, will the ferrets suffer?  Has anyone
thought that far ahead?  I have six fuzzbutts myself and live in a
one-bedroom apartment.  I currently owe $2000 in vet bills because of 2
that were six and died and one that became very ill on Thanksgiving morning
and had to be rushed to the emergency vet to the tune of $1200.  Raising
ferrets can be expensive, time-consuming and equally as challenging as
raising children.  I have no phone, the cable will probably have to go and
my car payment is behind.  I've paid the rent and electricity and juggle
the rest.  It's hard!  I made the choice and will do anything for my
fuzzies.  If Kim gives up her support, how hard will it be to support so
many and continue to give them the care and love the deserve?  Did anyone
consider that?

I admire her courage.  I went beyond my limitations (of course, I didn't
know that a 9 month old would take a sudden turn and cost so much ... and I
don't hold it against her) to take these fuzzies in, but don't regret a
second of it and only wish I could make a happy and loving home for more.
I know that I don't have the room or money to do so.  Give her credit and a
thanks for her efforts in taking in so many on short notice and in such bad
shape.  Who ever you are ..... where ever you are .... where were you when
the ferrets were in dire need?  Huh?  Were you standing in line to take
them in?  Where you there first hand to take them to the vet and care for
them?  No, I don't think so!

If you think you have a concern, take it to Animal Control, the Sheriff or
someone who can take care of the problem, but the childish name calling,
computer hacking and the like really need to stop.  It's turning the FML
into a election battle.  Come one now, let's get back on track.  Sorry,
needed to vent and say something.  From a legal perspective, if you have
warrant, take it where it belongs ... court, not the FML.