Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:26:12 EST
From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Kim and I worked together to rescue the 84 NJ Christmas Ferrets.  Along
with scores of volunteers and other shelters, we were able to provide new
lives for these poor animals.

I don't know why people are coming out of the woodwork against Kim.  If you
are thinking you are helping me, you are wrong.  If you have a personal
grudge against her, stop being a coward and make yourself and your issues
known.  If you have a problem with both of us, then let us know so we can
work it out.

There is no problem with people donating to a shelter of their choice,
it's important that they donate to a shelter period!  There is more money
in the SOS fund than we will need (boy it feels good to say that!) and Kim
certainly has other shelter ferrets to look after as well.  Dr. Kim lets us
run a tab, and we pay off the vet bills as we get the adoption and turn in
fees.  Having him "on our side" also allows us to have access to many items
at cost or small markup (distemper vaccine, syringes, Synphenol, etc.), I
don't believe Kim has that luxury :-(

This is the second large rescue she has been involved with, the first being
Loving Ferrets last year.  I have had the pleasure of working with her on
both.  Kim and I have helped each other out on other occassions, I have
taken ferrets from her when I had room and she was overloaded, she has sent
people to me for adoptions and boarding (a big fundraiser for us).  We have
a great relationship, and it annoys me to no end that it seems that someone
is out to smear her, or possibly drive a wedge between us.

Any financial implications to this rescue are no ones business but Kim's,
mine, Yvonne's, and SOS's.  I include Yvonne as we are the same shelter in
two locations, and it was her who made arrangements for the second vet to
do a lot of the alters.

Anne

PS--Perhaps it is a coincidence, but my computer at home has been hacked
into, and Kim tells me that someone has been pinging the hell out of
hers--If you are reading this, I hope you feel really proud of yourself.
You managed to corrupt the db that my husband maintains for Habitat for
Humanity, and I don't know what else.  Whatever you were looking for, it
wasn't there.  There is no financial info, nothing that anyone would find
at all interesting, in less you want the names and phone numbers of a bunch
of churches and people who can't afford to buy homes through traditional
means.  Hope you enjoyed your little foray, and at least feel a little
guilt about the damage you did to a fine organization.