Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:56:31 -0500
From:
Renee Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Last year, I traveled a lot.  One of my ferrets, Uffizi, would try to help
me unpack by stealing my toothbrush.  Each time, I would reprimand myself
for not being more careful and get a new toothbrush, letting her keep the
one she had appropriated.  By the time I could quit traveling, she had
stolen about a half-dozen toothbrushes that are now in the ferret's toy
box.  These toothbrushes are the ones with the little rubberized grips on
the handle.

Last week, I was doing a project with a little hand held hole punch (the
type that only punches one hole).  It too has a rubber grip that she likes
and steals.

What I find interesting about the whole affair isn't that she steals them,
but since she started getting the hole punch she has started taking her
items to a new place.  Instead of hiding them behind the couch or TV, she
new takes the "prey" into her cage, and puts them in the food bowl.  Now,
every couple of days, I'll walk past their cage and find a toothbrush
sitting in the bowl.  Does anyone else's ferret take their stolen stuff
there?

Renee
Frick, the phone cord pirate
Uffizi, who likes to brush her teeth
and the fosters
Chip, the typical male who takes the remote
and Dale, I'm a good girl and don't steal anything