Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:26:17 EST
From:
Hi everyone

First of all, Thank you to everyone who emailed me or sent cards about
Garrett - he will be sorely missed.

Second: Does anyone near me (or want them mailed) need any of his
medications?  Is there anyone who might has a ferret being treated for
cardiomyopathy or asthma that could use them?  I had just refilled his
prescriptions for theophylline, enacard and furosemide and they haven't
been used at all -- shelters have first dibs (KiSta Kim has first choice
then Anne Ryan since i am driving up to see her this weekend and have a
package for Anne to mail out).

Finally - (Dr. Williams you might find this interesting) Silk went in for
her bloodwork - and the results are phenomenal!  She has been diagnosed
with leukemia and her white cell count had been staying at the 22,000
level - mostly mature cells.  This latest test showed that her white
count was *within* normal ranges -- down to 6,000!  Her red count was also
normal - she had been anemic.  Dr. Hulls believes that her leukemia has
gone into remission - and we are going to slowly wean her off of prednisone
to once a day - and then possibly every other day, if she does alright.

We are also going to consider weaning her slowly off of her phenobarbital -
to help keep her from becoming physically dependent on it - but this won't
happen until we are sure that she is okay with the lower doses of pred,
and that she doesn't resume having grand mal seizures.

I am pumped about this - and very glad that we have some good news,
finally.  We were at the vets on Tuesday, having to put down a ferret
(Rascal of the white toes) that was only in the shelter for 3 months -
because of an inoperable tumor (we went in and it was involved in the
kidney and liver) that was beginning to cause him pain.

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
http: www.ferrethaven.org
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854