Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 23:58:50 -0500
From:
"Julie A. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
My female ferret was totally bald and had a very swollen vulva.  I had my
local vet do an ultrasound which showed nothing.  I ended up taking her to
Ohio State University and the first one they did they said showed a right
adrenal problem.  I knew the problems and cried all the way home.  (100
miles)  When they did the surgery, they removed nothing, said everything
looked normal.  Said the ultrasound could have been showing an "air pocket"
So it was all a waste of time and $$$$$ WIthin 3 months she had a discharge
from her vagina.  I took her back and this time the ultrasound didn't show
anything with her adrenal glands, but she did have a stump pyometra.  I
told them I wanted the left one taken out NO MATTER WHAT.  It turned out
that it was cancerous.  So my layman's opinion is - if I ever have another
ferret with classic adrenal symptoms, I will have the panel test done
and try to avoid wasting anymore $$$ on ultrasounds.  BTW - I made them
write-off the second surgery in full.  If you would be interested in the
full story, along with before and after pics go here.
http://adferrets.tripod.com/news/news.html

Julie - Wiley and now a very fuzzy Bauble