Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 15:25:41 EST
From:
Amy Isenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Happy New Year Everyone.
I just wanted to share a cute, although potentially disasterous story with
all of you.  My youngest of three, Connor is just the cutest thing ever.
He is a blaze and a beautiful one at that.  He is deaf - but dont tell him
that and had a left adrenal tumor at 1.5 yrs old, but don't tellh im that
either.  Well, somewhere along the way Connor legally renamed himself
Houdini.  See, he escapes all of the time.  I had to change the clips on
the bottom part of the cage because Connor would stand up and shake the
door that he actually bent the whole clip.  Well, we thought that woiuld do
it - nope - then we started to bungee the door as well - now we are getting
somewhere.  But it looked ugly - so off to home depot where I got creative
and made new clips.  Perfect.  So I thought - now the top of the cage
suddently doesn't close right - so we have an additional clip besidese
the clip of the cage - works perfectly.  I hook a metal bar from the door
to a metal bar on the cage - there is no way he is getting out.  Again,
so I thought.

Once in a while I accidently do'nt close one of the latches well and
without fail, I find cononr running around the house with my cats and
dogs - scares the day lights out of me most of the time.  Thank god all
of my animals have respect for eachother and for the most part I think
they are okay with eachother.  This is not to say that I would ever
intentionally let them out unsupoervised, but Connor just won't stay in
his cage at night.  (by the way, they are out all day long so it is just
that he never wants to be in a cage which he is only in over night because
I like the air to be able to cirvulate in their room while they are locked
up - door si shut all day while they are out)

Okay, sorry about my babbling....here is the latest stunt.  Sunday morning
I had my cat and pup in my bed - all sound asleep.  Suddenly they all
decided it was time to get up - not me...I was still asleep - until about
5 minutes later I hear the rottie trotting in my room and hear eek, eek,
cluck cluck, ....and so on.  Apparently connor let himself out - AGAIN!  I
don't know how is does it.  And he was playing iwth the dog.  He was war
dancing and jumoing at her and then on me.  He was all over me under the
blankets and under teh covers and then biting my toes.  I was awake now.

He is a crazy boy.  I do think that I need to change the locks once again
because I know he shouldn't be able to get out to the cage anymore -I
actually think that somehow if he pushes and is persistnat enough on the
door, he is able to open the latch.  Off to home depot - it seems that
the only think that works welll for me is a double end snap (with out the
second half - what are those called - single end snaps??)

well, happy new year and keep those fuzzies safe.

Amy and the crazy gang