From:
Kristeen Kohrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 10:05:32 -0500
I'm not much for New Year's Resolutions.  I do however like to think back
on the past year and remember the good and the bad.  I have to tell you
that 2000 has been a life changing year for me.  Hang on BIG, this post
*is* ferret related...

I'd like to thank Tracy Colangelo for all her hard work and dedication in
founding the NY/NJ Metropolitan Ferret Welfare Society.  Those of you who
know Tracy can vouch for generosity and dedication.  In addition to finding
my "calling" with a charitable cause I believe in I have met some amazing
people that I am proud to call friends.  These are people that I never
would have met in my normal day to day life.  We are a software sales
consultant, a jeweler, a physician's assistant, a nanny, a software
tester to name a few.... The diversity goes on and on.  We have different
backgrounds, different upbringings, and different personalities.  What we
all have in common is our love of ferrets and our desire to make a
difference.

We are planning to do an article in an upcoming newsletter with 2000
MetroFerret memories.  Just a few of mine include:

* The first time I was at Tracy's and her ferret, "Bud Weasel" sat in my
lap and I nervously asked "What's he doing?" Turns out, he's a lap ferret!

* My first education day at PetCo without Tracy where Lise and I answered
questions and distributed literature to grateful new ferret owners.

* When my engine seized on the ride back from the July Warm Fuzzy show.
No questions asked, Patti and Ted turned around and came back to "rescue"
me and Lise.

* Working with my sister to sew sleep sacks for donations while we listed
to the NJ Devils win the Stanley Cup.

* Watching Katie, Matt, & Al JUMP into their carrier when its time to go
to "camp MetroFerret" where Auntie Tracy, Auntie Lise, & Auntie Patty take
great care of them.

* An ofcourse, my trip to Kista this week where we went to drop off
supplies and ended up coming back with a ferret ;-)

In addition to my Metroferret buddies I'd like to thank all of you who have
become part time "pen-pals".  Those of you who never hesitate to answer a
question or lend a hand.  You are what makes the ferret community great!
Hope you all have had as memorable of a year as I have.

JT, Katie, Matt, Al & Stanley