From:
Martha DeLaun Fifield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:15:33 -0500
Dear List:
I am sad to report that one of my ferrets died Saturday morning.  I found
her having trouble holding her head upright.  She was getting cold.  We
wrapped her up in a towel to keep her warm but she took a few more breaths
and died.  Her death was unexpected since she was not exhibiting any
current signs of illness but she did have adrenal gland disease.  She was a
rescue and could not have been more than three years old.  I am grateful
she did not suffer but why do ferrets have to die so young?  It is
heartbreaking to watch them die.

Martha