From:
Anne Marie Voegeli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:00:31 -0800
Hello!

One of our ferrets, who is nice and lots of fun, has bitten in unusual
circumstances.  The first bite which was last year, our nieces and nephews
were visiting, and our oldest nephew (14) asked if he could sit and play
with the ferrets.  Since he was older, we told him it was alright.  As soon
as our backs were turned, he talked his sister into getting into the room
with him to play with ferrets.  She's 13.  He also talked her into putting
Olive into her pantleg.  Unfortunately, Olive doesn't like to crawl into
pantlegs, so she got scared.  Our niece started to shriek and then Olive
took 3 large bites out of her leg which were quite bloody and bruised.
That was totally out of character for her.  Last week, we had some friends
over with their children, and I was holding Olive because the kids are too
young for them to hold them on their own without squishing them, and their
youngest child (1-1/2) just started making noises while she was walking
around and they were a little screechy.  All of a sudden, Olive started
shaking and tried to attack, and she grabbed my wrist with a full juicy
bite!!!!!  She drew blood and I still have a scab.  Luckily I was holding
her and not one of our friends.  So we figured it must have been the
screechy sounds she doesn't like.  And that most likely is what happened
with our niece and nephew.

Now for the question: Has anyone had any similar situations with screechy
sounds and ferrets just going nuts and start attacking and biting?  She
also HATES squeaky toys.  We accidentally bought a couple when we thought
they were hollow, so we threw them away, but when they squeaked, she also
attacked the toys.  Any ideas?

A Snappy Happy Day Wish To You!!
Anne Marie