From:
Ron Knipple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 06:56:43 EST
Well I have obviously let my reading get too far behind and see that the
common bickering that is so much a part of the ferret mailing list is
still going strong as ever.  People calling each other idiots, the usual
finger-pointing, and flaming that I have come to know that goes hand in
hand with this list.  But I must say that from the few months that I have
been a member I have received a wealth of knowledge, giggles, tears, and
even one hell of a hot a** from a few flames myself.  The first one hurt
and I did what most others would do and stood my ground until Mr. Moderator
jumped in at a piont that I was surely to get as nasty as some of the posts
I have seen here, and said a few kind words.  Made me realize that I was
literally turning into the person who flamed me.  Now I sit quietly on the
side still responding when something comes up that concerns me.  There are
times that I think that some people live sleep eat and breathe ferrets, and
thats ok. =)  I recently have a new addition to my family of the canine
kind.  Been busy with a new job and the 7 hours or so I spend with my
ferrets and pup every night.  But I still enjoy reading this list.  The one
thing that I have learned to do with the advice of so many wonderful and
smart people, is to take what you need from this list advize when you can
help and use a heavy dose of the delete button.  The holidays are right
around the corner, and the love at these times is amazing.  WOuldn't it be
nice if we could find that feeling every day on the Ferret Mailing List???
Although me may not all agree on one certain way or food or vaccine, lets
all agree that we're not all going to agree and have a more kind and warm
list for the new year.  Help when needed and knowing when to back off of
a subject is also needed.  Remembering to look at both sides of the issue
and place yourself in the other persons shoes.  Let's try to keep members
instead of running them off.  Oh and would love to say a quick hello to
Kat!!!!! =)  Have a wonderful Holiday Season filled with Love and
COMPASSION!!!!!!!

Piko Ghengus Loki Bodhi
Ron and Matt