Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:44:50 -0800
It's a little after midnight here and I just got through cleaning up pools
of blood and vomit.  This is there third time this has happened and after
$600 and many visits to the vet no one can come up with an answer.  This
has me and 2 vets stumped.

Let me explain.  Merlin is a 1 year old, 3 pound, MF, cinnamon.  He's
energetic and healthy for the most part.  The first time this happened
was last October.  I found pools of blood in his cage and he was vomiting.
Of to the vet we went.  After a thorough exam, x-rays, ultrasound,
numerous blood and fecal tests they could find nothing.  He was put on
Metronidazole, Amoxidrops, Pepto Bismol and sub-q fluids.  They next day
he was fine.  He was eating, playing and pooping as usual.

The second time it happened was the end of December...same symptoms, same
meds.  Tonight is the third time.  Other than the vomiting and bloody
(bright red) stools he's fine.  Eating and playing as usual.  One of the
vet suggested he may have Inflammatory Bowel Disease but by what I've been
reading that is extremely rare.

Has this happened to anyone else here?  Does anyone have any advice (Dr
Williams?).  I would be very grateful for any and all input.

Thank You So Much,
Diddy