From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:22:54 EST
>I can't all this business was aired here... Is this what the FML is about?
>Because if it is, I won't bother spending the time to read it!  Please
>reassure me that the FML isn't so catty so often?

The FML is about people and ferrets.  Most of the time the posts and
information shared are just fantastic.  But people being what they are,
ugliness rears its head.  Some people for their own reasons get jealous,
vicious, and just downright mean.  But, there is a side to the Kim/Kista
situation that should make every FML reader feel much better.  Look at
the posts again -- people who know Kim only from the FML, or perhaps an
e-mail or phone conversation are literally falling all over each other to
show their love and support for her.  That shows there is more goodness
among the FML readers and posters than there is nastiness.

The FML is a lot like life -- you get the good with the bad.  And, like
life, the good generally outweighs the bad.  Go through the daily FMLs and
you will find each issue is a goldmine of useful posts -- from those by
people like Dr. Williams who share vital health information, to those from
others too numerous to mention who just share stories that bring a smile
to your face.

As for the others, well -- consider the the source, and then ignore them.
You can always print out the negative posts and use them to line the litter
pans -- which come to think of it, is exactly were they belong -- under a
pile of ferret droppings.

Stick with the FML -- it is too valuable a tool to pass give up on.

Scott