From:
Melissa Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:37:36 -0000
I laughed reading Chris's post about Angel's teddy bear game!  Fee has a
teddy bear with which he does virtually the same thing.  Although, after 2
years of hiding bear, he has become quite proficient at squeezing bear into
even the smallest spots.  If I get to close to the bear, Fee is right there
to grab him and move him to a safer spot.  Bear is the only toy that is off
limits in the daily collection and return of toys to the toy basket.

Milly thinks Fee's fascination with bear is ridiculous but, Fee being her
best friend, she tolerates it.  After all, where Fee goes, bear goes.  When
we travel, bear is always the first toy to get pulled out of the bag.

The most bizarre thing about Fee's bear is that he will ONLY grab him by
the nose.  Not the little tail.  Not the ears.  Just the nose.  If you hide
the nose in your hand, Fee will go crazy trying to get at the nose.  He
absolutely will not grab bear any other place.  For added fun, I have a
pig hand puppet that I pull over bear's head (covering the nose, of course)
and watch Fee try to wiggle bear out of the puppet!

I have tried, in vain, to add to Fee's bear collection.  He wants no other.
Regardless of how similar the bear is, only HIS bear will do.  Who am I to
get in the way to true love?

Melissa Sullivan