From:
friskyferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:58:56 -0000
Hi to all on the FML,
Just wanted to share something unusual with you all because it really
suprised me!

I was cleaning out the ferrets yesterday and as always they were playing
around my feet and generally 'trying to help'.  I noticed that Scooby-Doo
was snuffling something in the corner of the shed (which is swept daily)
but took little notice, after all, when is a fert not investigating their
surroundings?  The next moment he suddenly started to cough and choke
violently, I knelt down to him and placed him over my lap, head down,
whilst I gently tapped him between the shoulders and very carefully shook
him twice to try and dislodge whatever had got stuck, thank God his gums
and tongue were still pink and not turning blue.  All of a sudden he gave
one almighty cough and guess what shot out of his mouth?!  A chrysalis!
It was brown and hard and none too small and I think Scooby thought it
was a nice juicy beetle.  It was like something off Silence Of The Lambs!
Anyway, he was fine after that and had a treat of ferretvite and lots of
water.  The chrysalis is in my porch where it can develop into whatever it
may be, completely unaware that is almost began it's life inside a ferret!

'For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill?
Seek him always with hours to live'
KAHLIL GIBRAN