From:
Perro Loco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:36:50 -0600
>I've never taken my ferrets on our boat, but I do have a remedy for
>nausea that I've used when I had a ferret with an upset tummy.
>
>Be sure to bring along peaches canned in heavy syrup.  The heavy syrup
>from the can is an old home remedy for nausea.  And it works quite
>well.  I've used it for my daughter when she had a stomach virus, and
>also with a ferret who was having a bit of a tummy problem from some of
>the rancid TF last summer.  They really like the taste and it settles
>their stomach.  About 5cc at a time is enough.
>
>Bon voyage.
>
>Melodyt and the nifty nine

Dear Melody,
Thanks very much for the idea... it so happens that my girls LOVE peaches...
and fruit in general...also cherry licorice... I'm gonna test them out on
the peach syrup next time I open a can of peaches... if nothing else, it
should make a nice treat for them.  I am forwarding this off to the Ferret
List in the hopes that others might also benefit from this little remedy
for travel sickness.  Thanks again...

Perro Loco
El Capitan, S/V Marsha Edmonds
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to
 dark to read."