From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:45:58 -0600
This is in response to the part of Josh Wolf's post about ferrets being
comforting and compassionate: I've being going through a really emotionally
rough time lately, and as i said in my last post my ferts are temporarily
living in a different building than me.  Today I was a mess and just wanted
to be away from people.  I made the trek across campus and visited my
girls, and I can't tell you how much better they made me feel!  They gave
my kisses and actually let me cuddle them, and we went for a nice long walk
(with a stop inside the student union--it's snowy here!).  Ferrets can
definitely tell when something's up with their human-- Illura will actually
lick up my tears and clean my eyes if i'm crying.  Lola was content to just
snuggle inside my fleece and be close to me.

They're wonderful, aren't they?

Rachel and the monsters