Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 00:32:55 -0500
Well, the girls went to the doctor today.  Cheyenne had her blood work
done, after it comes in we will schedule surgery if all looks well.  I was
so worried about her ear that I failed to mention the tumor on the end of
her tail.  She will lose her ear and the end of her tail.  The good news
is the tumor is growing outwards , not inwards and it seems to be not far
into her ear.  We don't know what kind of cancer it is, so we don't know
how it may spread if all isn't taken out.  One thing that scared me was her
glucose came back at 58, but the vet said that was normal on his particular
machine.  Cheyenne's surgery total will be $333.50, this is office visit,
blood work, the ear and tail surgery.

As for Juliet , it doesn't look good.  The mass inside her right side is
larger in just one week.  he feels that I should not do the surgery.  He
gave me 3 options.

1) Leave her alone, make her as comfortable as possible until it is time
to let her go.

2) Go for the exploratory surgery, see if it is something he can take
out, take it out, but he feels that even with surgery she may not live
but a few months.

3) go for the surgery, and of course if it is something inoperable, don't
wake her up.

This is the hard part, making a decision and praying that it is the right
one.  I would like your opinions on this one.  If I do the surgery , it
will be $200.00.  This amount includes office visit, bloodwork and the
surgery.

Juliet is approximately 5-6 years old.  In March of 2000 she had her right
adrenal gland removed and one nodule on the pancreas, leaving one very
small one behind.  The mass she has is on the right side, it is pushing on
other organs and is growing fast.  I wish I had a crystal ball and could
see inside her to see what it is.  Please let me know what you would do if
you had these choices.

Take care and hug those fuzzies you have.

Sue