From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:14:38 -0800
You've seen them on TV - people hurtling pianos, and old cars from giant
catapults.  Now we have ferrets operating catapults.  Kouri's prototype
is coming along, and he's been practicing hurling things.  Well, I never
did care much for that particular neighbors cat anyway... He's been
trying to catch a raccoon but he's using the craw dad trap!  Most sport
catapulting is done in big open fields, of which we don't have any.  Just
water within range of Kouri's ability to 'pult', or is it 'cata'?  Anyway
his practicing keeps the guys at the gravel operation entertained.  They
get so busy watching him they forget what they're doing and yesterday the
crain operator dropped a bucket of gravel on the supervisors car!  As soon
as the final glitches are worked out, Kouri will put his catapult plans on
eBay.  Proceeds to benefit Kouri!

Oh, no, Wolfy, you blabbed about my feeding the heron an artificial fish!
That was definately last summer's most regretted fiasco - I really liked my
9 inch artificial fish and that darned heron ran off with it.  Probably
dropped it on the gravel barge!  Herons can be so pushy and demanding and
this one had invited himself to our cookout!

Of course, Reb, Kouri will be happy to share his eggplant recipe with you,
it's his specialty, you know.  Although he didn't do too badly with the
cookie dough this past weekend - he made ferret cookies.  That is, the
cookies were shaped like ferrets!  It was that pre-mixed dough tube, I just
don't trust him to put the eggs into the dough bowl after he cracks them,
so I get him the rolls of dough.  But he got bored just slicing dough and
baking, so he started making little ferret dough bodies with fat little
dough legs and everything!  And he looked so cute in his little chefs hat
and apron!

It's HAD, Lynn, I HAD a ferret sweat shop, before you blew the whistle on
me, and I had that unexpected visit by the INS goons.  As for the cards,
didn't you know, if you collect enough plastic cards with your name
embossed on them, you can trade them 'up', and get a genuine credit card.
That's what Kouri wants, is his own credit card.  It's the Florida sand
thing about Tarpon Springs.  'Once you get Florida sand in your shoes,
you'll always come back'.  I gotta do that!  And you're right, I should
teach the ferrets how to dive for sponges.  But first I should teach them
not to bite the air hoses!

Georgia