From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:11:37 -0500
Would you like some great news?  When Abe went in on Scooter everything
looked FINE except that he had a huge, hardened, felted hairball, a
trichobezoar.  Scooter is someone who has always insisted on grooming
everyone else as well as himself, and the normal amount of furball meds
obviously wasn't sufficient.  Since he's also prone to rectal prolapse
when too loose it will be a fine line in future, but maybe we can get him
a purse string to help out the back end if needed.

Samples have been taken for pathology, but it looked very good.  The
bilirubin and nodes could be secondary to the level of irritation.

He might be home later tomorrow, but more likely Saturday.  Pathology
will be done, of course, on multiple tissues to be safest for him, but if
appearances are accurate they will be healthy when studied.

This is the first ferret we have ever had with this problem in all these
years and are greatly relieved.  Guess we'll give a furball treat to the
others in gladness!