From:
Ann Hehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:32:20 EST
Hi all,

Thought you might like an update on Cinnamon.  She had her procedure on
Tues morning and came home to me at 5pm.  The place on her abdomen that the
vet thought might be an hemangioma turned out to be a cyst with dark fluid
in it, it was removed.  The right adrenal was a challenge according to the
vet as it didn't come out whole, it came out in pieces.  But, he said he
got most, if not all of it which is a blessing.  We will be watching her to
see if supplements are needed.  She is recovering well.  The first night
she took a while to completely wake up but she began to eat and drink on
her on within a couple of hours of getting home, which was a blessing in
itself as she will only eat her kibble, turns her nose up to duck soup and
chicken gravy.  Actually, none of my kids liked the gravy, must have been
the chef!  She is up and about as I type this, visiting with her cage mate,
Jillian, they miss each other<g>as Cinnamon is in the recovery house for a
few days!

Anyway, the news so far is good.  Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts
and emails.  They have been really appreciated and support to my doubts
about doing this.  This truly is a great bunch of people.  I think I
responded to all messages I received but in case I missed anyone, thank
you from this forum.

Ann and her crew, Cinnamon (on the road to recovery, whew), Jillian,
Wriggley and Zoey, sadly missing Sabrina and Pepper.