From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:41:01 -0800
What a night I had.  I decided to get some ferret pictures before taking
down the Christmas tree (I am behind).  This did NOT work and I ended up
spending far too much time with too much wasted film...

I am a huge Robert Deneiro fan, but now I am questioning why.  Last night,
I had a dream that he came to visit while shooting a film in Seattle, and
he started beating on my ferrets.  This is an indication that I watch too
many of his movies.  How dare that thug!  Anyway, I spent the whole night
trying to defend my ferrets from this evil being.  I don't know if I will
ever be able to watch another one of his movies.  Very scary!

Also, no matter what we have tried (five months), we simply cannot get
Spanky to integrate with the others.  I feel terrible that I have to keep
him by himself.  He was never raised around other animals, but he is only a
year old, so I did not think it would be so hard to get him to adjust.  He
simply will not fight back when approached.  I love the little guy and he
loves people but I really feel he is deprived of a normal life.  We have
discussed this, repeatedly, and although I love him, I just feel he would
be better off in an only pet household.  This is still being discussed, as
my husband is quite bonded to him.  However, my hubby does not spend as
much time with him as I do.  It is becoming more difficult because of my
work demands to spend four hours playing with just him, seperate from my
others.  He follows me everywhere and I feel guilty if I don't give him the
attention he craves.  I wish he could play with the others.  If anyone out
there has any ideas on how to teach a "whimpy" ferret how to defend
himself, please email me privately.

IF we decide to find another home for him (I dread this and would prefer
not to), he would need to be the only ferret and needs lots of attention
from hoomans.  He is the most gentle ferret I have ever experienced and
does not even open his mouth during play (this is probably part of the
above problem).  Also litter trained.  The only quirk is that he likes to
chew on leather shoes.

Thank you~