Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:11:59 -0500
Darrin,

Hi, I am the person whose ferrets got ECE after i played with baby ferrets
in a pet store.  I can't think of any other way they could have gotten
it... they are not around other ferrets, and it seems very defintely to
be ECE.

I did wash my hands before leaving the pet store, but i had the babies out
of the cage and they had been climbing all over me - someone said the only
way to really feel safe would be to change (and wash) all your clothes &
shoes and take a shower before coming into the house!

And, a week and a half into it, we don't seem to have a really bad case of
ECE (fingers crossed) - but it's an awful thing.

Obviously, this doesnt happen to every person who handles a pet store pet
every time - but - i don't think i'll be doing it again!

---sharin