Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 10:33:23 EST
Hi,
My little one that I got this summer came with Giradia, she was on meds for
10 days then retested, then she tested positive again, so she had to be put
on meds for another 10 days.

Some ferrets just have Giradia, usually it comes from being around a
ferret's stool that had guard, so where ever you ferret came from it is
real possible that another ferret gave it to you ferret from using the same
little pan, you will need to test all other ferrets than have had contact
with her, also my friend's vet told him to make sure that after you scoop
the ferret's pan that is positive that you need to wash that scooper before
scooping again or scooping other cages, if not you are reinfecting her pans
and any other pans that you scoop .

I will be courios as to any reply's other than mine as to what others have
to say so please email me if you get more things on it other what I have
told you Also have your ferret test negative you will need to have her
retested in 4-6 months to see if it reoccurs.  Or post it to the FML so
we all can benefit.

Thanks
Kerry and Ada Gibbs
Http://www.homestead.com/weaselpals/homepage.html