From:
Stan & Jac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 21:51:19 -0800
Like many of you my wife and I were sickened by the posting of "Goliath's"
continuing attempt at monopolizing the market on pet publications.  It is
our opinion that those of us who truly feel for these little fuzzbutts,
carpetsharks, furkids, fuzzies or whatever you want to call them, should
rally behind and show support in whatever way we can for a publication
that has ferrets as their only business and which has been informative and
entertaining and most importantly for ferret owners and written by ferret
owners.  When it comes right down to it, who would you trust to write about
ferrets?  Would it be somebody who has cleaned ferret poop off a carpet,
emptied many litter boxes, felt the sorrow and sense of loss when one of
these darlings gets sick or passes on OR, someone who has a degree in
journalism, aspires to go on assignment to National Geographic some day,
has the least seniority of any of the staff writers and is given the job
of coming up with some kind of an article on an animal called a ferret.

I will close by telling you all that neither my wife nor I know anyone
personally who publishes a ferret related magazine.  This is about the
little guy.  The person(s) who, whether you know them or not, try to put
out information that relates to a passion for them and to countless others.
Along comes corporate America.  They have money to spend and are looking to
make more.  So they get rid of the little guy.  And they make more money.
So in the end the consumer gets stuck driving our 35,000 dollar SUV's, at
$1.80 per gallon to the pet store or magazine stand to spend seven dollars
or more on a publication written by people who have never seen or held a
ferret.  You just wait until George W. Bush hears about this!!!!  Boy is
he gonna be mad!!

Stan Boyes