From:
Eric Winship <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 18:53:10 PST
A friend of mine has two ferrets.  When she brought her second baby home it
was carrying a virus that kept makeing both fuzzies sick.  It took a while
for the vet to realize that the second fuzzy was a carrier of the virus
and finally meds were giving that squashed the bug and now both babies are
healthy.  Unfortunately the second fuzzy (gizmo) will be needing a surgery
soon now ( i forget the name ) but she has lost her hair on her back and
tail.  The first fuzzy is really the one im interested in telling you
about.  After being sick she lost a lot of weight and her hair became very
short and she never gained the weight back or the hair.  She looks healthy
now however and the vets say she is fine.  She has never bit anyone until
she met John.  She will try and bite him everytime, he isnt handeling her
wrong or anything like that.  Its been over a year now and she will still
bite him ( enough to draw blood).

Recently they bought a puppy and gizmo loves this puppy however sweetpea
will attack him as soon as she sees him in a most vicious way.  She ripped
the skin on his leg and poor thing is now frightened of her.  Is this
normal behaviour?  I have four fuzzies of my own and they have never bit
anyone, human or pet!  She is talking about giving them up.  Which in a way
isnt bad because they dont get much time out of the cage anymore at all.
I am worried about their muscles tightening up.  And im not sure who would
take on a very sick fuzzy with large medical bills coming up.  I am so
sorry that this is so long but my heart is broken over what is to become
of these little guys.  I partially feel responsible for them since I am
the one who introduced my friend to them.  I just needed someone to rant
to for a bit about them so in advace Thanks for listening!

Thanks once again
E@S and the get a long gang