From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:45:00 -0800
My fiance and I are the proud owners of our first house as of 10/30.  I've
been meaning to snap digital photos of the new ferret-only room to put on
my website, but haven't had the time.

Anyway, to the point....our new house is FULL of spiders.  Outside all over
the bushes, inside in the basement, running across my kitchen floor.  Now
spiders don't bother me, I actually think they are fascinating (I am a
biologist).  But after having a close friend get bitten by a brown recluse
this summer, I am concerned about spiders being all over my house.  I don't
want my ferrets, my dog, or us humans beings to get bitten by any of them,
since any spider venom can cause an allergic reaction.

So my question is (finally) how can I keep these buggers from getting in
my house, but being careful not to use anything the dog or ferrets can get
sick from?  The dog has full run of the house, and the ferrets only have
the first and second floors on occasion.  Most of the spiders seem to be in
the basement where we have a crawl space, a finished area with carpeting
and furniture, and an unfinished area with washer/dryer setup.  (I had a
rather large spider crawl up my leg while I was watching TV on the floor
down there.)

Thanks for your help.

=====
Aileen & the Herd
Welcome to Toby, the newest Herdling!
Slinky, Kyle, Noel, & Rootie the beagle
Still missing Sandy & Gizmo. We love you.

Check out the Herd's website at:
 http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/7414/index.html