From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:59:52 -0400
You aren't going to love every ferret in the world.  It just shows how
special the love is that you feel for the fuzzies you do love.  However,
give it some time.  Take care of this new one as a shelter Mom and see if
you don't change your mind.  It is great that your current fuzzie (your
little love!) likes her.

When I got my second ferret, an adorable baby that I adored quickly at the
pet store, it took awhile to truly love her for the special fuzzie that she
is.  With my first ferret I interacted with her and her alone constantly.
With my new ferret I was more concerned with her being accepted and didn't
initiate a lot of one on one time with her.  Slowly over time I realized
that she had her own special loveable personality.  She is very different
from my first fuzzie but she is so loveable in her own way!!  Ferrets have
a way of charming people when given a chance.  But, if you don't come to
feel that way I feel you are right to help her find the most loving home
possible!

Good luck and please don't feel guilty!  Connections wouldn't be special
if they happened between every person and animal!!  Right now she needs
someone, and if you can be that someone while searching for that "right
someone" than great!!

[RI]