Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 18:29:53 +1100
From:
Paul Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Everyone

Some time ago I asked members for anecdotal ferret stories for a proposed
book called The Great Ferret Race.  The good news for those who responded
to my request is that I've sold the book.  The catch is that the publisher
wants me to extend it by another 15,000 words!

So here I am again, hat in hand, asking if anyone has any more funny true
life ferret stories that I can fictionalize for a book for 10-13 year olds.
Erin told me how her ferrets play ice hockey with ice cubes - now that
turned out to be a funny sequence.  So that's the sort of tale that I'll
need to help fill out the book.  The book is obviously humorous, so if
anyone also has a ferret joke that they'd like to share, I could perhaps
include that.

Also, I've had to make up the rules to my ferret race, so if anyone has the
correct rules and 'conditions' for racing, or any insight, I'm sure the
book will benefit from your help.  Basically, I need this material to make
the book more authentic.  My imagination can only supply 'X' quantity, but
not necessarily 'Y and Z'!

Needless to say anyone who supplies me with a story or info will get
acknowledgement in the book and a free copy.  Publication date is June
2001, and I have till late February to hand in the manuscript.

Thanks for taking time out to read this, and thanks especially to all
those who responded to my earlier cry for help!

With best wishes for the New Millennium

Paul Collins
--
http://www.plasticine.com/pcollins