Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:59:53 -0500
From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
I hadn't planned on posting to a list about Samantha if she didn't make it
but I have had so very many responses to my request for positive & healing
thoughts & prayers that it will take me a bit to answer each one so thought
I would post also.

I received a phone call at 2AM Sunday morning, the doctor at the emergency
clinic said Samantha had passed away.  My Sillymanthy.  She had called
earlier to report that Samantha was not passing blood in her stool anymore,
so she thought she was coming around some.  I have requested a necropsy &
the doctor said she would do it & send tissues off to a lab.  It could be
next week before we get the results because of the holiday.  I will let
everyone know when I can.

I want to thank everyone that wrote about the blood question I had.  Many
wrote that Dr. Williams had recently posted about this.  I had been off
line for over a month & just got back online so I missed that post.  I was
going to give the doctor a copy of Dr. Purcell's mail to me when we picked
up Gator & Hawk but I didn't get to see her, they were so busy.  In fact
they were so busy they said they would send me the bill, which I have never
had an emergency clinic do before.  You always had to pay right away.  I
will send the blood information along with payment so they have it in case
they have any other ferrets come in that need blood.

Samantha came to me when she was 3 or 4 years old.  The party that had her
was a little unsure how old she was.  She was an only ferret & when the
young man turned 21 & got a full time job he felt he didn't have enough
time for her.  I brought her here with my Clan & between being abandoned by
her previous owner & being overwhelmed by the other females here that kept
attacking her, she got stressed out & started to decline.  She had to be
hand fed, cuddled & loved & put into a cage where she was alone again.  I
felt sorry for her so we visited James Higgins in Winter Haven FL, at
Widget's Halfway House.  He had one sable female that Samantha immediately
got along with, Dakota.  Dakota was adrenal as she had a wide bald spot
on her rump & a smaller one on her head.  We didn't care.  She was just a
beautiful, sweet lady fert.  Tommy also came home with us.  He was to a pal
to Bart after George died & he & Bart got along fine at Jim's.  Then on the
way home they started to fight.  And once here the girls wanted no part of
Tommy so he finally ended up with Samantha & Dakota.  He pestered Samantha
to play with him allot, but she was always scared of him.  The funny thing
was that they would always curl up together in the hammies or blankets.
Dakota had surgery & started to crash the next day.  She didn't make it.

So now Tommy has been left alone.  He has been searching for Samantha every
time he is out of the cage.  On the way home I stopped at a pet store &
you guessed it, brought home a dark sable male kit.  Name is pending.  I
haven't introduced Tommy & the baby yet, I wanted to get this posted before
it was too late.  Tommy needs someone to play with, he wants to play so
much & no matter how hard I try, I am just not another ferret.  I am
hopeful that intro's will go fairly smoothly.  I wonderful friend & shelter
mama in Sarasota has offered me a ferret or two that might also get along
with Tommy so we will plan a trip soon & see.  We always have room here for
more. *s*

I want to thank everyone that wrote me or posted about Samantha, I was just
overwhelmed at all the wonderful people out there in Ferretland.  Some even
wrote me while tending their sick fuzzies & made me cry.  Thank you from
the bottom of my heart.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels