Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 22:37:37 -0400
From:
Jen N Andre <[log in to unmask]>
Oh my, I could barely contain myself when I read the newspaper article Sam
linked us to.  I wrote a response to the editor, and thought I would post
it here as well.  I'd appreciate it if Sam let me know if the paper prints
my letter, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, I was feeling a
little hostile while typing it up :)

Here it is:

                   -------------------------
Wow, I can now say that I have seen propaganda at it's lowest.
"Ferrets-pests not pets?" (Nov 21, 2000 by Ruth Naumann) was full of
slanted facts and presented in no way to be of objective use to anyone.
I am not familiar with the paper that this article appeared in, whether it
is an actual regional newspaper or a low-brow tabloid at the supermarkets
but it is sheer idiocy to present (among other things) that "ferrets can
give painful bites which may get infected..." What animal is exempt from
that description?

Intelligent people will not allow themselves to be swayed by trash, so
sadly any voices speaking in favour of the article will be the ignorant
masses.  It is unfortunate that sometimes laws are passed to accommodate
the uninformed.

I am a supporter of protecting native species, but these goals need to be
addressed using scientific data.  Cats have the capacity to be many times
more destructive to wildlife than ferrets... Maybe next week Ruth Naumann
could write a similar page about the horrors of cats instead of ferrets
and people could see how ridiculous it sounds.

Jennifer
proud owner of 4 loving ferrets

It feels so good to blow off steam every now and then doesn't it? :)

Jen
Newton, Dobie, Fig and Mojo