Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:50:12 -0400
From:
Kym Zorn <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

It's been quite a while since I've posted or really read the FML, and
I'm glad to be back.  My cancer is currently in remission, and I just
married my best friend, Dave, on Oct. 14th.  Dave drew up a very Celtic
ferret-knotwork pattern , and I made our rings, complete with a very tiny
pinch of the ashes of our dear departed Callie.  All our animals are
happy, healthy, (or at least we're managing medications) , and adored.
Life is pretty damn good !

Okay ...some questions for you folks.

1) We have a permanent population of thirteen ferrets and four
long-suffering cats.  (We also shelter, but thankfully, our list of
prospective adoptive parents is huge, and we have no shelter ferrets at
this time.  If you are within driving distance of Louisville, and need
help, let us know.  ) Ergo, tumbleweeds of fur, even though we are anal
about brushing the animals and sweeping the house.  We also vacuum the
living daylights out of all registers, rinse furnace filters, etc., but
with hardwood floors, you notice the fluff.  We've decided that a HEPA
(the mega-mega-mega size) filtration unit is now an absolute necessity.
Why ?  One of our ferrets, Bitty, is allergic (!) to ferret dander.  Any
suggestions as to filter units ?  We will spend serious $$$ on this, as the
health of one of our ferrets is at stake.  He's also allergic to wheat,
yeast, maple and oak tree pollen, and corn makes him sneeze.  Lucky for him
he's a dedicated carnivore, but we still wash our hands after making bread
or handling any of those troublesome substances , and as before we'd open
the front door for some gorgeous breezes, we don't do that as we have
(surprise !) both maples and oaks in our yard.  A little Benadryl perks
him right up if he's feeling awful, but I figure an air purifier close to
the cage would really help.  Any ideas ?

2) We missed the great ferret show in Columbus in August - we went last
year and truly had a great time - and I know there is one coming up in
November or December close by ... maybe Cincinnati or Columbus again ?
Please excuse our ignorance - been a little busy here - and if anyone
could privately email me some info, I'd be very appreciative.  We are in
Louisville, KY, and will travel moderate distances (schedule permitting -
Dave is a teacher) to attend a show.  We've only been to two - Pennsylvania
and Ohio, and we had such great times !

Best to all you and yours,
Kym (formerly Zorn) and David Long
email : [log in to unmask]