From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 12:53:56 -0500
When I got my very first ferret, Clover, in Feb '95, she turned out to be
whole (not spayed).  We found this out when she went into her first heat,
some months later.  The cost of the spay operation was well over her
purchase price, but the pet store (NJ Pets in East Hanover, NJ) reimbursed
me for the entire cost, since I had sent in the MF guarantee card when
I'd first gotten her.  No hassle; they told me that Marshall Farms would
reimburse them.

As a side note, Clover is my oldest - she will be six years old in about
two weeks - and so far she is among the healthiest of my seven fur-kids
(I'm almost afraid to say this, I don't want to jinx her!!!).  She has
shown no signs of slowing down yet; she's still the matriarch (read: boss)
of the clan!  I've sometimes wondered if her late spay has anything to do
with this...

Nancy and critters