From:
Anastasia Kidd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:18:03 EST
Karen asked:
>>Anastasia if you are reading this, was Chris weaned when you got him?
>>Did you get him as a kit?

Now you've got my curiosity up.  No, Chris was not weaned when I got him.
He was a tiny 5 week old from a pet store, squalling hungry because he
couldn't eat the hard kibble put out for the kits.  He had a slightly
prolapsed rectum too.  I made mush of crushed kibble and warm water and he
literally walked into the middle of the plate and sucked it down.  I fed
him mush for a couple of weeks and then worked him over to hard kibble
slowly.  He never squalled again either.

I'm going to ask Yvonne about this theory and see if she can contact the
other girl whose ferret has just been diagnosed with eosinophilic
enteritis.  It will be interesting to collect the results.

Anastasia