From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:38:03 -0500
Lisette, Have seen our's do it.  Have also seen them (much more commonly)
wash after the exam once finished with animal before they go out into the
common room.  I expect it's just so common that vets wash that people
figured that you might hear from a few unusual ones whose vets don't, but
that would be it.

Sandee's human: while I can't speak for anyone else I doubt Regina meant
that she was in any way offended -- only that it's not her personal belief
but that she understands and likes that you help others.  (Just how I read
it, and what seems to me to fit for R.'s kind personality.) It's not my
belief, either, but my eye caught on Meeteetse's name and you said such
sweet things that I smiled and cried healing tears.  You obviously pay a
lot of attention to what people say about their sick or lost little ones.
I viewed Meeteetse's inclusion as an unexpected gift and am grateful to you
for it.  From my stand-point I see no reason for you to forego mentioning
our ferrets even though beliefs differ.

I do remember when Sandee cleaned up her language variations enough that
even people with some dyslexia could follow what was said, and that's an
appreciated kindness, too.

*Bill, I hope the above is different enough in topic since there seems
to be possibly a slight misunderstanding, with two wonderful people each
bending over backward for each other, and am hoping no one runs with it.
If you see fit to remove it that's fine since it has to come down to your
call, given you know what's coming in.*

DO be careful with sponges.  A section of partly eaten one almost killed
Fritter -- must be 16 or 17 years ago now.  She ate part, it refluxed and
got inhaled and she collapsed not breathing.  Had to use gentle and very
tiny cheek puffs for AR and that worked.  She lived a full life afterward.
Many things can be dangers.  We've never had a problem with ping pong balls
-- till last week when Scooter canined one to death and swallowed pieces.
More common hazards include rubber and latex.  The basic FAQ lists a lot
of safety tips, I think.