Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 07:29:04 -0500
My Prayer

Stay the tears from my eyes,
This I pray.
When I get weary,
Don't let me stray
From this my vigil-
And from You I implore:
Give me the strength that I can do more.
In my heart I know I do right,
I just need the courage to keep up the fight
for these little ones that come into my arms.
To love and nurture and keep them from harm.
Help me not to be callous and try to be judge.
Let me be fair and not hold the grudge
That I feel when the words they are spoke-
I can't take care of them. My God, what a joke!
You do not have two hours a day?
Two hours a day for them just to play?
Two hours a day just to hold in your arms the way they should be
I suppose if you don't--it will have to be me.
For I will make the time to hold and play
And let them know that I will always stay
With them, until one day that special person comes along
And places them in their heart to do them no wrong.

Mary Mewton
http://www.mkaresq.com